[Ekiga-list] Questions regarding Ekiga function

Hi,
Am using Ekiga 3.2.0 on a T43p Lenovo Thinkpad with Kubuntu Jaunty.
Just made a call to a cell phone using Ekiga Call Out which uses my diamondcard.us account.
I noticed that both the other party and I had to be careful to wait until the other person stopped talking or else some of the conversation was cut off.
The result was a somewhat strained conversation.
Is that the normal behavior for Ekiga?  Can this be corrected by using a different codec?  Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
Volker