Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.0.2 with IPP codecs doesn't connect using SIP protocol

Hi,
Thanks so much for the multiple replies!!!
I guessed but was not sure if we can use H264 video using H323 protocol.

Thanks to all,
Chaitanya

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Evan R. Murphy <evanrmurphy gmail com> wrote:
2009/5/7 chaitanya mehandru <chinku linux gmail com>:
> Hi,
> I am trying to make video call(H264 codec) using IPP codecs with Ekiga. When
> I use the SIP protocol, the remote user gets the invitation and on accepting
> the invitation, the call terminates. In the status bar at the bottom, I see
> the 'Missed Call' message.
> If I use the H323 protocol, then the call gets connected but remote video is
> not available.
> I am using H264 video codec and the image size for video is QCIF.
> Please suggest me what to do.
> Thanks,
> Chaitanya

Hi Chaitanya,

Are you sure the remote user has H.264? Mismatched codecs can create
the kind of video passage issue you seem to be having on the H.323
protocol. (Can you see the remote user's video in this case?) Also,
which version of Ekiga are you running, and on which OS?

Regards,
Evan