Re: [Ekiga-list] Calling a skype user from ekiga

Eugen Dedu wrote:
William Ampeh wrote:
I installed Ekiga last night, but could not make any calls. Echo testing passed. My questions is, how do I call a non-Ekiga user (e.g., a skype user
wampeh skype com or a gmail user wampehgmail.com, say)?

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_Interoperability

Nothing I've tried, but rumour is that Skype has announced an official Skype <-> SIP gateway as an Asterisk add-on. Is this wiki entry still valid taking this into consideration? (this is not to say that there is a simple way to call Skype users from Ekiga or other SIP phones).

--alec