Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga beginner questions

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:
Symmetric Nat is really Frequent in French DSL ISP modems ( Freebox and
neufBox I think )
I have some problems with my freebox v4 (in France) when I use its router mode.
StunDetector:0x77b28950 OPAL    STUN server "stun.ekiga.net" replies Port Restricted NAT, external IP 82.238.108.175
StunDetector:0x5d697950 OPAL    STUN server "stun.ekiga.net" replies Cone NAT, external IP 82.238.108.175

This leads to think that it's a Cone NAT instead of a symmetric as I thought ( Port restricted in both cases if I'm right ) . Stun can traverse Cone NAT so it "should " always work

Also, the presence does not work reliably, it seems that the freebox simply drops some packets (!!??) Moreover, if I call 520, I do not receive the callback (but I receive it in non router mode).

In non Router Mode (Bridge) , you only have one machine with the Public IP addresse then everything works without any stun needed.

All freebox have a second SSID "freephonie.net" which allow only SIP traffic to the SIP free.fr server. although it's on a seperate network, maybe the iptables rules catch some packets from the local LAN network ?

We should ask this question on freephonie.org

--
Michel memeteau