Re: [Ekiga-list] no popup window to accept incoming call with ekiga 3.2.4

Am Sonntag 07 Juni 2009 20:01:21 schrieb Eugen Dedu:
> Gerhard Stengel wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > with the recent stable version of ekiga (3.2.4) I don't get the popup
window
> > any more which showed up at the task bar and allowed to accept or reject
an
> > incoming call.
> > If I remember correctly, this was still working with 3.0.2.
> >
> > Has it been removed?
>
> No.
>
> > I checked the output of ekiga -d 4 for suspicous messages, but there's
> > nothing.
> >
> > I use KDE 4.2.4 and Qt 4.5
>
> Is ekiga compiled with libnotify?

Yes, it is. This is what the configure script outputs at the end:
================ Final configuration ===================
          Installing into prefix  :  /usr

                   GNOME support  :  unneeded
                   GConf support  :  enabled
   Evolution-Data-Server support  :  enabled
                  NOTIFY support  :  enabled                   <<=
                    LDAP support  :  enabled

                  XVideo support  :  enabled

                   H.323 support  :  yes
                     SIP support  :  yes

                    DBUS support  :  enabled
            DBUS service support  :  enabled
             mDNS/DNS-SD support  :  enabled

The following features are experimental -- you've been warned:
               GStreamer support  :  disabled
            KAddressBook support  :  enabled
                     KDE support  :  enabled
                    XCAP support  :  disabled

                         OS Type  :  linux-gnu
                    Machine Type  :  x86_64
                      Byte Order  :  little endian

 If all settings are OK, type make and make install

> So you cannot answer calls because nothing is shown?  Upon calling, do
> you hear anything, at least?
I can answer calls, though, by choosing Chat | Call from the menu or Cntrl-O.
It rings as normal, but there's just no popup above the task bar (and the
ekiga main window looks exactly as in standby mode - however, I'm not sure if
it's supposed to give a message somewhere on an incoming call)

/Gerhard