From: Garry Tristan <galaxtri2 yahoo com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:19:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.25 compiled OK but unable to detect Audio Device

Salut Damien,

>My guess would be that an old Ekiga is still in the menu (installed
in /usr/bin) and that the new one was uninstalled from where it was
installed (probably another location than /usr/bin).

As soon as I succeeded the compilation of Ekiga 3.25, the Menu Applications / Internet / Ekiga Softphone is still there. And when I click on it, Ekiga starts and the About box indicates version 3.2.5. So I assume that the new Ekiga know how to replace the older 3.20 (came standard when I installed buntu 9.04 x64).

I removed the previous Ekiga 3.20 (the one comng wth Ubuntu) by Synaptic Pakage Manager and marked ekiga for removal. Then I ran the "sudo make uninstall" of ekiga, opal, ptlib. But Ekiga 3.25 is still present and can start OK. After I removed completely the original Ekiga (Ubuntu package manage calls this "Mark for complete removel, includinf config file), Ekiga 3.5 still starts and if I do Edit Preferences, it complained:

Error stating file /usr/share/sounds
Ekiga: no such file or directoty

However all the SIP settings are still in place (where does it read the configuration from? They have been removed!)

As I have asked Eugen in the previous email. I would like to remove Ekiga 3.25 completely. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance
Garry