[Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.25 compiled OK but unable to detect Audio Device

Hi,

I followed the instructions http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Compiling_Ekiga to compile Ekiga 3.25

My system is Ubuntu 9.04 x64 and Ekiga 3.20 was already there and was working OK. The reason I wanted to try 3.25 is to get more codecs and hopefully a better program with all the bug fixes.

I compiled in this order

1. ptlib: ./configure --enable-alsa=yes --disable-oss
2. opal
3. ekiga: ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-ldap

NOTE: I got plenty of dependency errors with LDAP and as I don't need it. I think that it's OK to disable it.

After successful sudo make, sudo make install. Ekiga 3.25 has replaced v3.20 in Application / Internet menu. However, the new Ekiga 3.25 is unable to detect Asla audio device. The only device available in the dropdown list is SILENT (Ekiga/Ekiga).

The sound is working OK. Rhythmbox, Totem, Skype, Pidgin. The previous Ekiga 3.20 was also working OK.

Question 1: How to make Ekiga 3.25 detect correctly audio devices?

Question 2: In case Q1 is unsolvable, how can I remove completely all traces of Ekiga 3.25 so that I can bring back Ekiga 3.20 from the Ubutu repository?

For Q2, I have done "sudo make uninstall". Nothing happened. Ekiga 3.25 is still in the Application/ Internet menu and if clicked on it, the program starts normally as if it was not affected by the make uninstall.

Thanks very much in advance for any help.
Garry