[Ekiga-list] Ekiga contact presence

Hi,

I am on Debian (sid) still using 3.2.1~git20090515. I would like to
know if this issue was fixed in upcomming 3.2.5.
The problem is with contact availability status it gets rarely updated if ever.

How does ekiga server determinate if user is still online? Are there
any ping-pong requests send ?
My girlfriend turns off ekiga, but I still see her online, when I come
back I try calling, after restarting ekiga this status is updated.

How long it takes to update user status in a normal working case ? Is
it a bug or just design ?

Thanks in advance,