[Ekiga-list] E3 backport into Ubuntu 8.4 was -Re: Ekiga 3 Status: Alpha, Beta or Gamma...

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:22:33 +0100, "Julien Puydt" <jpuydt free fr>
said:
> john_re a écrit :
> > I am confused by what appears to me to be inconsistent information on
> > the ekiga website.
> >
> > 1) The Ekiga website main page announces E 3 in the high profile manner
> > of a new gamma, "End User" version, release.  This suggests the SW is
> > not alpha, nor beta, but something for _users_ (not developers or
> > testers).
>
> Yes.
>
> > 2) The download page, though, only provides source code & compile
> > instructions, not a binary version for the most popular Linux platforms.
> >  This suggests the SW is for at best _developers or testers_, not end
> > users.
>
> Distributions provide their own packages through their own channels :
> it's pretty normal you don't find that many binaries on ekiga's website.

Ok. Well, I have the backport apt repository enabled in KUbuntu 8.4, and
the package list just shows E ver 2.

Is there anyone in the Ekiga project who could do whatever is necessary
to get E3 into Ubuntu 8.4 backports?  Or, is that done only by Ubuntu
people?