[Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3 Status: Alpha, Beta or Gamma = end user released?

To: Leaders & Developers of Ekiga:

I am confused by what appears to me to be inconsistent information on
the ekiga website.

1) The Ekiga website main page announces E 3 in the high profile manner
of a new gamma, "End User" version, release.  This suggests the SW is
not alpha, nor beta, but something for _users_ (not developers or
testers).

2) The download page, though, only provides source code & compile
instructions, not a binary version for the most popular Linux platforms.
 This suggests the SW is for at best _developers or testers_, not end
users.

==
IMO, That is a majorly inconsistent message to the Ekiga _user_
community.

==
So, what level do the Ekiga project leader(s) consider the E 3 SW to be
at: Alpha, beta, or end user released?

Since you don't have a compiled versions available now, I suspect that
you believe the SW is not yet ready for release to the general (non
"compile from sources") public.  Is that correct?

==
If not end user released, I'd suggest that proper SW management
communication dictates that the main ekiga page prominently state in the
version 3 announcement that this SW is still in alpha or beta stage.

==
Thanks to all the developers.  :)