Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga 3.0 and ssh -X

> Le dimanche 18 janvier 2009 Ă  20:08 -0800, lifu a ĂŠcrit :
> > I\'m running ekiga 3.0 on Ubuntu 8.10 MID device. There is some
> > problems within our graphic driver, so I will have to run it remotely
> > using ssh -X to get it work around. Ekiga won\'t start, it errors in
> >
> > libnotify-Message: Unable to get session bus: Failed to connect to
> > socket /tmp/dbus-SqkURgxppA: Connection refused
> >
> > On the other side, I could start skype via ssh -X without a problem.
> > Why is that? What\'s the difference? Is there anyway to run ekiga just
> > using commands? BTW, ekiga works just fine if I do it on X-window. The
> > error is only seen in remote X. The verbose message is shown below
>
> Compile it without libnotify support... I suppose the notification
> daemon can not communicate with ekiga, leading to the problem.

ssh -X-ing ekiga works very well for me (and with
several machines) with libnotify compiled in, I
wold guess it may be distribution specific problem
(depending how the distribution sets dbus, libnotify)
Disabling libnotify is certainly something to try.

Palo

Svetova kniznica SME - literarne klenoty 20. storocia - http://knihy.sme.sk/