Re: [Ekiga-list] Cannot make SIP calls with Ekiga 3.0.1

Clayton wrote:
I cannot make SIP calls with Ekiga 3.0.1 on openSUSE 11.1.

I was using, up until recently the 2.x releases of Ekiga, and they
worked perfectly.  I could connect to my VoIP provider and make calls.
 Ekiga 3.0.1 is another story though.

I have cleared out all previous Ekiga config files, and gone through
the setup wizard.  I declined the ekiga.net SIP account because I
already have a SIP account with my long standing VoIP provider.

I have set up my SIP account, and Ekiga appears to be able to connect
to it.  I have triple checked the user name and password used to
connect (the same SIP account I have used for several years with Ekiga
and my VoIP provider).

When I attempt to make a call to a landline (via my VoIP provider),
all I seem to get is the message "User is not available"

Ekiga is working (sound setup etc) because if I intentionally mis-dial
and enter an invalid phone number I get a voice error message from my
VoIP provider.

I thought this might be a VoIP provider problem, but if I try Ekiga
2.12 from another Linux install it works fine... so it would appear to
be directly linked to this version of Ekiga.

Please send the file 'output' after:
ekiga -d 4 2>output