Re: [Ekiga-list] Re (2): Re^6: Audio-Problems

You can specify the order of sound drivers loading
in your modprobe file. I have three sound devices
in my main home computer (every device used with
different program) and the specification of order
is very reliable. These are the lines I use
(I think they are self-explanatory, if not then you
can certainly find more info with google):

alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
options snd-emu10k1 index=0
remove snd-emu10k1 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-emu10k1
alias snd-card-1 snd-intel8x0
remove snd-ca0106 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-ca0106
options snd-intel8x0 index=1
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias snd-card-2 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=2

Hope this helps,

Palo