[Ekiga-list] Re (2): Re^6: Audio-Problems

Folk,

>  ... versions of Ekiga and Skype ... problem ...

The worst difficulties for me are with audio
devices rather than with applications which use
them.  The USB-audio adapter always initializes
but the on-board Intel audio sometimes fails.
I'll guess that this involves timing of startup
processes.

When the Intel audio is absent, the Skype icon
appears as usual.  Hours or days later, after
a correspondent complains that I didn't answer
a call, ringing is found to be redirected
from the speakers to the headset.  Skype never
indicates this of course.

Appears that when Ekiga fails to find a device,
the toolbar icon is not displayed.  A rational
behaviour; thanks to Ekiga.

I'm phasing out Skype DID in favour of Ekiga
DID and hoping the flaws in Linux device
initialization are fixed, sooner rather than
later.

Regards,        ... Peter E.

--
http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/