Re: [Ekiga-list] Re (2): Re (2): Audio-Problems

----- Originálna Správa -----
Od: PETER EASTHOPE
Poslaná: 31.12.2008 22:24
Predmet: [Ekiga-list] Re (2):  Re (2):  Audio-Problems

> Palo,
>
> ps> Ekiga audio did not work when Skype was running.
>
> Do you mean that you want to hear the ring
> from an incoming call to Ekiga while a Skype
> conversation is in progress?  Or do you mean
> that the Skype daemon is merely idle in the
> background when Ekiga rings?

nope, I meant something else: while Skype was idly
running (not in call), Ekiga was not able to produce
any sound when I was trying to make a call with it.
I understand this is the same problem Judith
has now. It looked like Skype locked the sound
device but I did not have a closer look (and as I
say, I cannot reproduce the problem anymore).

> In this system, ringing is directed to the
> default device, which is an alias for the
> on-board Intel sound.  Sound-in and sound-out
> use a USB-audio adapter and headset.
>
> If Judith\'s system uses the same device for
> sound-out and for ringing, an incoming Ekiga
> connection during a Skype conversation would be
> problematic.

I understand Judith has the same problem as I
mentioned above...

> Conclusion: separate hardware for sound out and
> for ringing is a worthwhile small investment.

A soundcard with hardware mixing could be another
HW-based solution. Many cheap second-hand pieces
are around.

Palo