Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga on Slackware 12.2 not working usefully... any suggestions?

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:17 (+0100), Palo S. wrote:

>> Now ekiga sees my camera.  However
>> (1) if it receives a call from an ekiga 3.0.1 or 3.1.0 system it seg
>> faults and dies.
>> It also makes the complaints

>>     ** (ekiga:22591): CRITICAL **: gm_conf_get_string: assertion `key /apps/ekiga/general/user_interface/main_window/size has no corresponding entry! \' failed

>>     ** (ekiga:22591): CRITICAL **: entry_get_bool: assertion `gmconf key /apps/ekiga/general/nat/disable_stun is of type GM_CONF_BOOL\' failed

> This really looks like gconf/gnome related issue.
> However I cannot say whether this cause the problem.

>> I have to assume that there is some weird thing going on in my system
>> that none/few of you see.  Is there anyone here (besides me) else
>> using it with
>> 	--disable-gnome --disable-gconf

>> Thanks for any suggestions anyone can provide.

> Maybe you can try to compile with gnome and gconf
> support? In order to find out whether it is the
> cause of the  problem or something else is on
> blame...

Unfortunately, Slackware 12.2 does not come with gnome/gconf.  There
are some 3rd-party gnome packages, but they all seem to come with
4th-party stories telling of how some critical libraries get
over-written, causing "mysterious" problems with other programs.
Consequently, I am loathe to do so.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.  Certainly, I expect the error
messages above to be related to imperfect implementation of
 	--disable-gnome --disable-gconf
but I'm having a harder time imagining that the reason for the bizarre
video problem is a gnomish thing.  However, I say that with never
having taken a peek at any of the ekiga/ptlib/opal code.

Thanks.
				Jim