Re: [Ekiga-list] Windows XP Quickcam Pro 9000 crashes Windows

Le jeudi 19 février 2009 à 11:42 +1300, Mark Carey a écrit :
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Mark Carey <mark carey gmail com> wrote:
> > Have installed ekiga-setup-3.0.2-gtk-2.14.7.exe on Windows XP, using a
> > Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 webcam.
> >
> > When click on the "Display images from your camera device" button on
> > the "Call Panel" Windows presents the "Video Source" dialog selecting
> > "Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000" and pressing apply crashes windows hard
> > and automatically reboots the machine.
> >
> > We can capture video fine from the camera in the same USB port etc
> > using Windows Movie Maker, any suggestions, dxdiag says that
> > everything is fine, any other tuning nobs we need to poke at?
>
> After hitting send now see the thread titled "Ekiga 3.02 for Windows:
> Logitech QuickCam Pro9000 and choosing Default-SIP ?" not sure that
> the problem is the Logitech camera.  Hans email dated "Tue, 17 Feb
> 2009 07:03:06 +0100" notes "...since today..." which suggests a change
> in behaviour.
>
> We appear to be having the same crashing behaviour with the QuickCam
> 9000 as Hans
>
> At our end I have now tested with;
>
> 1. Logitech QuickCam 9000 via USB crashes windows, displays video fine
> in Windows Movie Maker
>
> And additional camers additional cameras;
>
> 2. Fuji FinePix S5600 via ATI Radeon 9250 video capture (VIVO),
> displays video fine in Windows Movie Maker, no video displayed in
> Ekiga (at least doesnt crash windows!)
>
> 3. Fuji FinePix S5500 via USB (web mode), displays video fine in
> Windows Movie Maker, no video displayed in Ekiga (also doesnt crash
> windows)
>
> Hopefully additional data points that help localise the issue.

If it crashes Windows, then it is a windows problem. We have relatively
few latitude to fix that. However, new packs with DirectVideo support
will be built, you might want to try them out and see if the directvideo
plugin also crashes Windows or not.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/