Re: [Ekiga-list] Support for use ekiga softphone

Eugen Dedu wrote:
Heou wrote:
Dear all,

I have a problem when I use the ekiga softphone. From Edit/Account, I
add new account and check on the box in the first column, I receive a
notice in the status column: Registration failed: timeout.
And I cannot use it.
Could anyone help me to fix this error?

Could you restart ekiga?

i have the same problem, i've been looking for a solution for more than 3 months now, i've tried xp, ubuntu gutsy, ubuntu hardy, eebuntu 8.10, and i get the same result.

it might be a router issue or something (in terms that your router might not support sip)
who knows..i hope you find a solution