Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga-list Digest, Vol 31, Issue 19

Rick Bergfeld wrote:

    [cut]

    On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 21:09 -0600, Rick Bergfeld wrote:
    >  I'm not sure what has changed.  I was running FC8 with Ekiga
    2.01 (I
    > think) and I didn't have any issues.  I upgraded to FC10 and Ekiga
    > 3.0.2 and now I "Could not register sip:" error and "Could not
    connect
    > to remote host".  I think maybe I'm missing somthing?  I just
    did the
    > default install of FC10, so maybe something is missing.  Any help is
    > appreciated.
    >
    > link to output.txt http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcz353zw_84pndt2fq

    As a first port of call I'd check the firewall settings.

I forgot to mention that I disabled the firewall completely on FC10, but did not reboot. I also tried setting up port forwarding on my Linksys router.
I had some similar issues as well, they were related to the combination of Ekiga and my router. Long story short: disabling stun made this to work for me. There is no UI for this, you have to patch directly into the gconf database: install the gconf-editor package, use it from Application | System Tools The path is /apps/ekiga/nat/disable_stun. If your router works like mine, disable all forwarding etc and let it handle sip in its own way.

HTH

--alec