[Ekiga-list] G729 codec or good alternative for Asterisk?

Greetings Community,

 ive been googling on G729 codec support for Ekiga.. I saw some old
posts but iam confused.

Could I deploy the G729 codec in Ekiga now a days?

Is there a good low bandwith consumption codec that I could be
recommended that doesnt degrade the conversation, we have tried some
but at the end the quality isnt very good.

This is for a production deployment and support and quality must be optimal.

Thank you

David Taveras