[Ekiga-list] Unable to now get webcam Logitech C300 working with Ekiga

Hello.

I previously had a Logitech Communicate STX webcam, connected to this laptop, and had managed to get it operating (at least, to the Test stage), with Ekiga.

Then, I purcahsed a Logitech C300, and managed to get "moving pictures" display with that, in Ekiga. I think (but am not sure) that that might have been using the settings for the Communicate STX.

The C300 is a UVC webcam.

Whilst I had not been able to take advantage of the higher resolution imagery of the C300 (I think that the resolution displayed, was the previously mentioned CIF, rather than the 4CIF, resolution), it seemed to work.

Then, I performed a Debian system update (I am running Debian 5), this last week, and the system updat broke the system.

The restoration involved removing gnome, and reinstalling gnome, and iceape, and some other software.

Using Synaptic, I have reinstalled, using the "Mark for reinstallation" option, Ekiga.

However, I am still getting the error that appeared after the system reconstruction, when I tried running Ekiga with the c300 webcam;

"Error while opening video device UVC Camera (046d:0805)

A moving logo will be transmitted during calls. Notice that you can always transmit a given image or the moving logo by choosing "Picture" as video plugin and "MovingLogo" or "StaticPicture" as device.

Your video driver doesn't support the requested video format."

I am running Ekiga 2.0.12, which Synaptic shows as being the latest version for Debian 5, and Synaptic shows the version of luvcview, as being 1:0.2.4-2, and that that is the latest version available for Debian 5.

I am unable thus far to get Skype working with the webcam.

I have managed to get Vid working (on a set up and test basis), on Win XP, with the webcam, but have been unable to get video call software on Linux, working with the webcam.

Please advise.

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby