Re: [Ekiga-list] registration failure

Andreas,

Le lundi 31 août 2009 à 11:37 +0200, Andreas Freiherr a écrit :
> Damien,
>
> I even checked with the firewall completely disabled. Same problem: once I cannot register, restarting Ekiga with either setting at the firewall does not help. It seems to depend on the phase of the moon.
>
> Learning how to write reliable programs would also be a big step forward ;-)

You're free to help.

> Seriously: problems very similar to mine have been reported by multiple Ekiga users already, and it I have seen multiple authors complaining about difficulties when debugging Ekiga (where did the "general history" go?). So maybe it isn't just me...

I can only tell one thing :
- Ekiga sends a request and expects the request to arrive on port 5060
(that's what it asks to the remote to do)
- The response never comes

=> I you do not trust Ekiga, just open up wireshark and see if you
receive a response. If you don't, then you are sure your computer does
not receive that response.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/