Re: [Ekiga-list] Bizarre video behavior

Hmmm. I'm on Ubuntu 9.04 x86_64 using Gnome 2.26.1 with the proprietary ATI driver (fglrx). Maybe this is a more general issue than I thought...

Derek

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Jim Diamond <Jim Diamond acadiau ca> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 18:29 (-0600), Derek Chen-Becker wrote:

> I have a strange problem with video in Ekiga 3 (both ends 3.2.0). When video
> starts up, my video and the remote party's video seem to be fighting over
> screen space. Also, the remote video screen space" flickers back and forth
> showing my video and the remote video. Video worked perfectly in Ekiga 2
> between my computer and the other one, so I'm not sure what changed. Is it
> possible that this is some issue with Xvideo? I'm using H323 for the
> connection. I'm seriously considering building the latest 2.0 from source
> just to get it working again. Other than the "-d" flag, is there other
> information I can gather to try and diagnose the issue?

Derek,

I have the same issue, but when I reported it a few months ago no-one
got back saying they had seen the same thing, so I thought maybe it
was something weird on my system.

Do you mind telling what system you are running on?  I'm on Slackware
12.2, using fvwm2, with the proprietary nvidia driver.  (More details
available to anyone who things they are significant.)

Thanks.

                               Jim