Re: [Ekiga-list] My first compilation of ekiga: some crucial questions.

Reimundo Heluani wrote:
On Sat, 2009-08-22 at 16:16 -0700, Luis Maceira wrote:
1) How can I have H.264 video codec support? Is it in the ekiga sources
   or based on an external library,like x264(present in many Linux dists).
   I did not see any option to ./configure to support H.264.

2) Opal-3.6.4 supports SRTP/ZRTP,is it enough to compile ekiga-3.2.5 with
   Opal-3.6.4(ZRTP enabled) to get support to ZRTP in Ekiga?

This is right you need to compile OPAL and PTLIB and put their prefix
wherever you want, now remember where the .pc is and add that directory
to your $PKG_CONFIG_PATH when you're compiling ekiga. .configure will
pick OPAL's prefix with pkg-config...
please someone with more knowledge in this list let me know if this is
right or not.... otherwise I'll just build in my home directory to check
this.

I do not know either. But a solution sure is to rename ptlib.pc and /usr/include/ptlib and see if the compilation works. The same for opal.

There is for opal a configure and/or make option, PTLIBDIR, but I am not sure...

For ex., for simpleopal from opal I use:
        $(MAKE) PTLIBDIR=/usr OPALDIR=$(CURDIR) -C samples/simple

Finally, on opalvoip web site you might find information...

Sorry for not being precise.

Cheers,

R.

3) I don't want to use my Opal and ptlib system libraries,I want to put
   specific Opal/ptlib in my home directory but I did ./configure --help
   and I did not see any option to configure(type --with-opal-dir=/...
   --with-ptlib-dir=/... to customise this).Can the configure script
   scan my directories to detect them or only if they are installed
   under /usr/local;/usr/lib etc.?