Re: [Ekiga-list] My first compilation of ekiga: some crucial questions.

Luis Maceira a écrit :
> 1) How can I have H.264 video codec support? Is it in the ekiga sources
>    or based on an external library,like x264(present in many Linux dists).
>    I did not see any option to ./configure to support H.264.

yep, you need the -dev package

> 2) Opal-3.6.4 supports SRTP/ZRTP,is it enough to compile ekiga-3.2.5 with
>    Opal-3.6.4(ZRTP enabled) to get support to ZRTP in Ekiga?

don't know, but it seems the answer is enclosed in the question :)
(and opal lib is donwloadable from the ekiga site if you have a doubt.)

> 3) I don't want to use my Opal and ptlib system libraries,I want to put
>    specific Opal/ptlib in my home directory but I did ./configure --help
>    and I did not see any option to configure(type --with-opal-dir=/...
>    --with-ptlib-dir=/... to customise this).Can the configure script
>    scan my directories to detect them or only if they are installed
>    under /usr/local;/usr/lib etc.?

its better to put all the stuffs in /usr/local/... (default); about libs,
you'll have to add the /usr/local/lib into /etc/ld.so.conf (or in a .conf
file located into /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ YMMV depending upon which Linux you use)
to have it recognized and accounted as a lib AND run: ldconfig (-v) to
re-read all paths into the cache.

About the order which will be used (system opal lib or compiled) I don't
really know, but I had not any PB with this (seems ekiga "knows" where to pick
its own libs.)

HIWH

JY
--