[Ekiga-list] Ekiga feedback3

Hi! I could try ekiga again:

I have Debian GNU/Linux 5 with ekiga 3.2.5 wich I got from one of these repositories don't remember wich, I think the second one, I do also have a Linksys router with 2 VoIP lines, one with sip.megavox.com.ar and the other with iptel.org. The corresponding ports of the router are forwarded to the computers ones. My accounts on ekiga softphone are (ekiga, iptel and megavox).

# deb http://corvix.eu testing ekiga

deb http://blaniel.free.fr/debian/lenny-backports/ ./

# deb http://snapshots.ekiga.net/snapshots/debian/ ./

. My girlfried has Windows XP with ekiga 3.2.pre6 wich she got from http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~mrickma/ekiga/ekiga-setup-3.2.pre6-release.exe
She has an ekiga account in her ekigasoftphone.

Ok, this is what happen, I put my ekiga and my girlfriend codecs in this order from top to bottom:

MY COD                         GIRLFRIEND
speex 8k                      speex 8
speex 16                     speex 16
g726-32                          ilbc
g726-16                          g726-32
g726-24                          g726-16
g722                               g726-24
pcma                              g722
pcmu                              pcma
g726-40                          pcmu
gsm                                g726-40
ms-gsm                         gsm
celt 32                            ms-gsm
celt 48                            celt 32
-------                              celt 48

After that we put jitter from 500 to 150 ms.

Then she told me she was going to connect to test ekiga and I don't know why when she connected then I got all my accounts disconected.

Hours latter I connected first, and everything ok, but when she connected I got my ekiga.net account disconected, the others didn't get disconected.

Latter again I could call her but according to the codecs prefference the call should be with the speex 8hz codec and I wan't with that. It was with celt! but I couldn't speak nor hear. Then I disallowed celt codec and voila! I got the comunication with the speex codec!

Conclusion: 1) ekiga for some strange reason get disconected at the time other contact get connected (my hipothesis).
2) ekiga does not always follow the codec preferences.

Today I saw how to do the debug of linux: http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga

So with this email I am sending the debug (compressed with 7zip).

Thank you for making ekiga better!

Hernán.

http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/