Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga support G.729(a)?

Great,
Is there any documents/instructions (step by step) to show users installing these codecs?

thanks.

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:48 PM, Derek Smithies <derek indranet co nz> wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009, yannick wrote:

LiQun Li a écrit :
Hi, all,
I am using Ekiga 3.2, I can find g.729(a) codec.
How can I get Ekiga support g.729(a)? or I have to wait?

G.729 is patented, we cannot use it in a free software project.
http://www.sipro.com/g729_faq.php

Really?

 ippcodecs from sourceforge provides a g729 for linux.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ippcodecs/

 you can use these codecs - there are some issues with them in a commercial situation, but for home use, 1 channel, they are fine.

the ippcodecs are a bit heavy on cpu......

Derek.

--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.
IndraNet Technologies Ltd.