Re: [Ekiga-list] Can't call landlines with other provider

Reimundo Heluani a écrit :
> Hello List, I am new to SIP and I just built ekiga 3.2.5 from source on
> a LFS Linux 86x_64 2.6.29.5. I can run the echo test and it works fine,
> but if I try to use my voipdiscount.com account, about 10 seconds after
> dialing out it says "User not available" regardless of the phone dialed.
>
> The problem is that I don't really know how to start debugging this, is
> there a debug mode for Ekiga?

Yes, please provide us a debug output:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_debug_output

> Another issues I have (that may be completely unrelated) are
>
> 1) If I check on General Settings --> Disable Network detection, then
> the Ekiga.net account doesn't register (it says Globally not accepted)

That is not an issue, it only means your current setup prevent
end-to-end communication and you need a helper for that. Left it uncheck.

> 2) I have pulseaudio running on my system and I have to use the
> "Default" (PTLIB/ALSA) sink therefore, but my card (and webcam) are
> constantly bombarded. If I have pavucontrol open and test any sound from
> Ekiga, the cpu goes to 99% activity and I have to kill he stream.

Does it work better without pulse audio? If so, please report a bug to
pulse audio.