Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.2.5 fails to use wy USB webcam from Eeepc
- From: Frédéric Boiteux <fboiteux calistel com>
- To: chaitanya mehandru <chinku linux gmail com>
- Cc: Ekiga mailing list <ekiga-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.2.5 fails to use wy USB webcam from Eeepc
- Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 08:46:45 +0200
Le Tue, 4 Aug 2009 04:24:54 +0530,
chaitanya mehandru <chinku linux gmail com> a écrit :
> I ran into a similar issue with EEPC sing windows XP. I used ekiga
> 3.2.5 stable release and the webcam doesnt work with ekiga. The
> webcam is detected and works well if used without ekiga. Is there any
> patch available for windows xp or some solution available? I have
> been working on ekiga for one year but recently started using ekiga
> on the eepc.
I don't know well Ekiga [yet], but I feel that Windows version you
use and Linux one I'm using relies on different operating system's
libraries to drive the webcams. I finally found that 3.2.5 version of
Ekiga was working with the Eeepc's webcam on Linux, because I think use
of newer Linux driver called 'v4l2' (stands for Video for Linux
version 2), but for Windows, I don't know.
Perhaps Eugen has better vision of this problem ?
] [Thread Prev