Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.2.5 fails to use wy USB webcam from Eeepc

Frédéric Boiteux wrote:
Le Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:10:02 +0200,
Frédéric Boiteux <fboiteux calistel com> a écrit :

Le Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:06:04 +0200,
Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> a écrit :

Hi Frédéric,

1. There was a very recent commit which has a fix for some cameras (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2821189&group_id=204472&atid=989748), maybe it fixes for you, could you test the latest svn/git instead of
3.2.5? 2. Could you also install libv4l (not available in stable I
think) and recompile everything (ptlib/opal/ekiga)?

Thanks,
Eugen
  Hi Eugen,

  I've already "backported" libv4l to be able to build Debian's ekiga
package. I'll try to compile the svn/git version and tell you what it
does.

  Hi Eugen,

  I've recompiled ptlib with given patch, and then Ekiga, but it
doesn't change : the camera is detected, but no image available. In
Ekiga 3, I didn't find how to test webcam as in Ekiga 2's account
setup. I only can look at 'View' menu, there, all video items are
disabled…

Make View->Show Call Panel, and there is a button for seeing what the camera produces. Do you see anything?

What does "ls -lR /usr/lib/ptlib*" show?

Do you see the camera in Preferences->Video->Devices?