Re: [Ekiga-list] networking problem

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:28 PM, <stenka1 go com> wrote:
using Ekiga on Vista with DSL:

Ekiga reports unable to configure network on start-up. YM, VoipStunt and Skype work without a problem on the same box.
Is this a bug or Ekiga is not smart enough to do the port forwarding etc?

I guess it's the classic message we have 50% of the time ( my experience)

Short answer : it's not smart enough for now, but it's changing quickly in the coming weeks...

I know how skype Works so I'm not surprised , but for VOIPstunt I though they did classic stun , maybe they added Upnp and ICE.

SO apart from the case where you connecte through a http proxy, When ekiga will support ICE & Upnp , it will go through any open NAT.

--
Michel memeteau