Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.0 questions/problems

Damien Sandras wrote:
: > > * When starting up, ekiga displays two error pop-up windows - one says
: > > 	"Invalid array index", and the other one says "Operating System
: > > 	error". Also two "FIXME" strings are printed on STDERR.
:
: I need a backtrace.

	Where should I set the breakpoint for backtrace?
(I asume that by backtrace you mean "thread apply all backtrace"
gdb command).

: > > * The contacts from the Address Book apparently retained only the name,
: > > 	but not the phone number or the SIP URL, when migrating
: > > 	from 2.0 to 3.0. When I try to add the SIP URL to an existing
: > > 	(incorrectly imported) contact, I then get the same two error pop-ups
: > > 	as above, and another two new pop-ups with the same error messages
: > > 	are created every two or so seconds.
: >
: > These 2 *might* be a migration problem 2 -> 3. We will see if it's
: > reproducable.
:
: As we are using Evolution-Data-Server to store the contact information,
: there is no reason why this information would be lost, except if you
: compiled without GNOME support, ie without Evolution-Data-Server
: support. Is this the case ?

	How can I find out? I have just grabbed the 2.90 Fedora rawhide
RPMs (and newest pwlib and opal) and rebuilt it with minimal changes
with 3.0.0 and corresponding pwlib and opal. In the build directory
I have the ekiga-3.0.0/config.h file which contains the line

#define HAVE_GNOME 1

BTW, I think there would have been no entries in the Addressbook if ekiga
was compiled without the evolution-data-server support (as opposed
to all expected entries without any other data than entry names).

: > > * (I have written this one before:) I think it would be less confusing
: > > 	if the local video was displayed vertically flipped (like as
                                         ^^^^^^^^^^ er, I mean horizontally,
i.e. mirrored.

: > > 	the user is looking at himself into the mirror) - this way it
: > > 	would be easier to "stay in the center of the frame".
: >
: > I don't know how far this is possible with the different output plugs,
: > but I know who to ask ;-)
:
: Not sure here, it would lead to a super wide Ekiga window.

	Well, screens these times are super wide as well :-)
And besides, nobody is _forced_ to use the side-by-side view,
just keep the option from 2.0 for the people who are used to it.

: > Don't ask to fill the bugzilla, fill it ;-) The worst thing that can
: > happen is, that somebody thinks it's not a bug/valid request and closes
: > it (but most of this sounds valid to me!).
:
: I agree with Jan here.

	OK, I will fill the bug reports probably tomorrow.
Thanks both of you for your comments!

-Yenya

: --
:  _     Damien Sandras
: (o-
: //\    Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org/
: v_/_   NOVACOM         : http://www.novacom.be/
:        FOSDEM          : http://www.fosdem.org/
:        SIP Phone       : sip:dsandras ekiga net
:
:
: ekiga-list mailing list
: ekiga-list gnome org
: http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/ekiga-list
--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |