Re: [Ekiga-list] PBoolean snapshot compilation problem

> Your glib is not up to date. It should not run correctly when commenting
> out that line.

Indeed, glib is not up to date. But I believe it should
not cause much trouble.
I understand that this code is only used for STUN
detection and since I chose to use previous settings
this code was probably never performed.

> > 2) not very nice default settings: the audio devices were
> > set to SILENT, the video bandwidth to 1 Mbps
> > (unrealistically high for a typical user)
>
> The default value is Default (PTLIB/Alsa) for the audio devices and 48
> kbits/s for the video bandwidth.
> If you have a different default value, then your GConf installation is
> broken.

Can be. I don\'t know how can I check that gconf is broken.
(If I need to use gconf occasionally it works ok so
it is not broken completely at least)

> > 3) missing some nice functionalities from Ekiga 2:
> > a. sound configuration test in the configuration manager
>
> Will not reappear. Testing should be done with 500 ekiga net, we will
> improve the setup on ekiga.net itself.

OK. I personally liked the possibility to check the sound
configuration independently from network but certainly one
can live without it.

> > b. sound settings and status in Ekiga GUI
>
> It is still there. (See Call Panel)

Indeed, my mistake, sorry for that one.

> > c. option to disable video
>
> Just disable all video codecs.

OK. This worked.

> > 4) the echo test results - there is a delay of several
> > seconds. Furthermore, the sound chops frequently. This
> > happens also if I set the video to logo (completely
> > disabled seems not to be in the GUI - point 3c).
> > Hardly usable because of this.
> >

> Using PCMU / PCMA as codecs ?

PCMU. The problem persists when video is disabled.
The chopiness seems to be resolved by increasing
the jitter to ~500 ms (however, with Ekiga 2
jitter of ~100-150 ms works fine).

Palo

BLOG - Váš denník umiestnený na internete, v ktorom môžete sprostredkúvať svoje myšlienky, zážitky a nové informácie - http://blog.sme.sk/