Re: [Ekiga-list] PBoolean snapshot compilation problem

Le dimanche 07 septembre 2008 à 18:40 +0200, Palo S. a écrit :
> > That OPAL bug has been fixed this morning (european time) => upgrade...
> > --
>
> Ok, thanks. I got a functional build now. I have several
> bugs/problems to report now:
>
> 1) After upgrade it does not compile. This time it stops
> with:
>
> endpoints/manager.cpp: In constructor ‘Opal::CallManager::CallManager(Ekiga::ServiceCore&)’:
> endpoints/manager.cpp:148: error: ‘g_async_queue_new_full’ was not declared in this scope
>
> Apparently g_async_queue_new_full is not there yet. After
> I disabled line 148 it compiles and runs correctly though.

Your glib is not up to date. It should not run correctly when commenting
out that line.

> 2) not very nice default settings: the audio devices were
> set to SILENT, the video bandwidth to 1 Mbps
> (unrealistically high for a typical user)

The default value is Default (PTLIB/Alsa) for the audio devices and 48
kbits/s for the video bandwidth.
If you have a different default value, then your GConf installation is
broken.

> 3) missing some nice functionalities from Ekiga 2:
> a. sound configuration test in the configuration manager

Will not reappear. Testing should be done with 500 ekiga net, we will
improve the setup on ekiga.net itself.

> b. sound settings and status in Ekiga GUI

It is still there. (See Call Panel)

> c. option to disable video

Just disable all video codecs.

> 4) the echo test results - there is a delay of several
> seconds. Furthermore, the sound chops frequently. This
> happens also if I set the video to logo (completely
> disabled seems not to be in the GUI - point 3c).
> Hardly usable because of this.

Using PCMU / PCMA as codecs ?
--
 _     Damien Sandras