Re: [Ekiga-list] additions to wiki

Hi,

Palo S. wrote:
Yesterday I reported here a few issues I had with 3.0.1
and it turned out that some of them were related to
the compile time configuration. I thought it may be a good
idea to add this information to wiki (faq or additional
information)?

1. The problem with webcam not working has been solved
by using --enable-v4l for ptlib configure script. THere
is a lot of v4l only webcams which simply would not work
with default ptlib configuration so this option is essential for these

I modified two pages on wiki about this issue (see http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Special:Recentchanges). Maybe disabling it by default is not in the end such a good idea...

2. The problem with missing presence indication has
been solved by installing expat-devel (expat is an
XML parser and the header files were required so that
ptlib/opal can use vxml which seems to be required for
presence indication). This is even less obvious than
the previous v4l case and I was not able to find this information anywhere, including nobody suggesting this in Ekiga list. (Eugen, is this your problem too or is your presence
indication problem caused by something else?)

libexpat1-dev is in the Build-Depends field for debian (ubuntu too I suppose) packages. I have just added it too to the wiki.

Cheers,