Re: [Ekiga-list] Audio devices not detected

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 7:01 AM, yannick <sevmek free fr> wrote:
> Le samedi 04 octobre 2008 à 00:09 +0100, Iain Cheyne a écrit :
>> The only real gotcha was that I had to disable ldap support:
>> ./configure --disable-ldap
>
> You need that. Why did you disabled it?

Thanks for your reply.

I disabled it because it was not obvious how to proceed when the
./configure script stopped at that point.

"configure: error: You need the LDAP headers to compile Ekiga with LDAP support"

I did a "sudo make uninstall", which worked fine.

I already had libldap-2.4-2, so I then installed libldap-dev, which
got rid of the ./configure error.

I then did a "sudo make install".

Unfortunately, the configure devices button still is not working.
Should I enter the devices using gconf-editor?

If so, I'm not even sure which devices my USB headset uses. How do I find out?