[Ekiga-list] Audio devices not detected

Hi all

I managed to configure Ekiga 3 on Ubuntu Hardy using the compilation
instructions on the wiki without too much pain.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompilingSoftware
The only real gotcha was that I had to disable ldap support:
./configure --disable-ldap

I am getting gconf errors, but I can get rid of them temporarily with
the instructions at the wiki.

My question is with getting my headset detected. The device detection
tool will not work. My ringing and output devices are SILENT. My input
device is NULL.

Any suggestions for getting my headset detected?

Iain