Re: [Ekiga-list] symmetric nat traversal

Le dimanche 23 novembre 2008 à 12:20 +0100, Piotr Morgwai Kotarbiński a
écrit :
> Hi,
> Recently I encountered the symmetric NAT traversal (so far I was
> always lucky to be behind cone NAT). It annoyed me a lot so I search a
> bit to know the problem and found this document:
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/projects/stunt/draft-takeda-symmetric-nat-traversal-00.txt
> So my question is whether the mechanism described in the document
> really works and is it possible to implement it in ekiga?

Yes it could work. However, before implementing it, I would wait a bit
that the draft evolves. I'm not sure about the success rate when going
through a very busy NAT router.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/