Re: [Ekiga-list] privacy policy Ekiga

Le jeudi 20 mars 2008 à 15:44 +0100, schoappied a écrit :

> Jacques,
>
> I agree with you. But I think there's no need to change the title of the
> discussion. I hope people understand this subject too, and can decide if
> they want to read it. ;) Further, the title 'endless discussion' is not
> right. Because the aim of this discussion is to make the privacy policy
> of Ekiga open and clear for the users, and with the 'bigger' aim to make
> Ekiga a better service. Not endless at all :)
>
> Back on topic...

OK guys, let's put it straight.

I am the main developer of the Ekiga software. I am also the one who
initiated Ekiga.net, the SIP platform that you can use with Ekiga and
any SIP software.

I am not paid to work on Ekiga. I do this in my spare time, and I
sometimes sacrifice Family, Friends, Fun, just for my project.

People tend to request many things from Free Software developers, and
rarely give time, or even money (the amount of donations coming back
from Ekiga and/or Ekiga.net is ridiculous).

I have proposed a policy, and changed the text that is presented to the
user when he signs up for an account. I will not change it anymore
unless somebody mails me a patch or sends me money so that I spend 1 or
2 evenings reading and approving such a text.

Ekiga is free, Ekiga.net is free, my spare time is free too, but not
unlimited. I don't have money, people pay for Skype, they don't pay for
Ekiga, they do not even donate 1 € per year for using the software
and/or the service.

--
 _     Damien Sandras