Re: [Ekiga-list] sndrv_pcm_hw_params: Assertion `err >= 0' failed

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:30 AM, D Webb <dlw_insulin hotmail com> wrote:

>  > > I should at least try removing it. So, how do I "kill" pulseaudio?
> >
> > at a terminal do a ps -aux|grep pulseaudio and this will give you the
> > process number,,,,then
> > do a kill -9 xxx . (explain xxx = process number.)
>

> OK, well, the standard kill -9 is easy enough.

Uhm, 'standard' kill -9 ??

You should only use kill -9 as a last resort, as it does not allow the
kernel to clean up after the process. This can actually screw up your
system in the worst case.
Recommended is just 'kill' first, which sends the TERM signal, and if
that doesn't work then 'kill -KILL'.

> So how do I prevent it from loading into memory in the first place? Is
> pulseaudio in
> the kernel or somewhere else?

That's a question you should ask on a Slackware mailing list if you
can't get help here.

~David