Re: [Ekiga-list] sndrv_pcm_hw_params: Assertion `err >= 0' failed

> > Btw, are you using pulseaudio ?
> >
> Sorry to but in, when I use Pulseaudio ekiga sound will not work. I
> kill pulseaudio and ekiga works ok.
> I do get these errors:....

Thanks for butting in. More ideas means quicker fixes.

I have wondered about this for some time. In connection with Ekiga crashes,
Pulseaudio keeps popping up. I don't know what it is, but pretty sure it comes
installed by default on Slackware 12.0, which is what I have.

I should at least try removing it. So, how do I "kill" pulseaudio?

Dee