[Ekiga-list] usb handset: Uniden WIN1200?

I'm looking for a usb cordless handset to pair with ekiga. I'd like not to be tied to the pc while I talk. I've looked at the bluetooth headsets, but they seem overkill for just home phone extensions.

I've found a number of handsets that work with skype, but they seem locked into skype.

I've also found the Uniden WIN1200, which works with MS Messenger. It doesn't appear to be locked in like as the skype phones.

Anyone have any experience or suggestions?

sean