Re: [Ekiga-list] Connection issues through T-Online

Olivier

I live in Germany, and Ekiga with T-Online VOIP does not work terribly well. T-Online says they adhere to all SIP RFCs and standards, but I do not agree or believe this.

Using just plain Ekiga.net or other SIP accounts, it works.

The druid NAT detect shows "Cone NAT" and recommends a STUN server.

stun.ekiga.net works.

This works using a netgear 834 router, or a variety of Nortel VPNRs

If you need further details, please write direct.

Best regards,

unineurone gmail com wrote:
Greetings,

I have been trying to help a friend in Germany set up Ekiga on Win32,
through an "unkown NAT" as reported by the configuration wizard.

We have correctly defined port farwarding for TCP/UDP ports 5000-5100, but
he still fails to register correctly with ekiga.net (the account & password
are fine). We have not defined any SIP proxy, or STUN server whatsoever.

The output of -d 4 or -d 5 shows that we get 401/Unauthorized errors...
against T-Online's servers. This occurs with either IP translation or
"nothing" for NAT in Ekiga.

It looks like there is some sort of transparent proxying going on here.

Is there a German user around that could help us getting Ekiga up & running,
or is this a pure ISP issue ?

We have also raised the request with T-Online's support and are awaiting for
an answer.

Regards,
Olivier