Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga and VoipCheap

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le lundi 30 juin 2008 à 18:23 +0000, Manolo _ a écrit :
Removing pulseaudio would mean removing the ubuntu-desktop package. I
made it once and it automatically removed all the packages related to
ubuntu-desktop (evolution, GDM, etc.).

It shouldn't.

Ubuntu Desktop is a "meta package and there are few times I've removed
things and it has removed that one with no detrimental effects.

Obviously YMMV but a quick google will show you what I mean:

"ubuntu-desktop (just like kubuntu-desktop and others) is a metapackage,
meaning that it doesn't contain anything but depends on many other
packages. (but not other package depends on it). So installing
ubuntu-desktop will install Gnome and all apps that are in the default
Ubuntu desktop, but removing the ubuntu-desktop package will not remove
anything else than the metapackage.

Metapackages are often used to install groups of packages in easy way."

Al

--
The Way Out is Open!
http://www.theopensourcerer.com