Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga cannot receive incoming calls

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Julien Puydt <jpuydt free fr> wrote:
Haneef Bashir a écrit :

can anyone help me out with some specifics of how to solve the problem of
not being able to recieve calls? i was able to get ekiga to make calls after
that was an issue by uninstalling asterisk (i dont know what this progrm
does nor do i know if i need it) which  occupied something that ekiga
needed, im a noob and it seems like what i was able to find on the net is a
little bit too advance for my understanding. so if anyone can just push me
in the right directiion with some easy to follow instuctions that would be
well appreciated.

Firewall issue... rerun the configuration assistant/druid and read what it says about your firewall.

this is what the it said:
Ekiga detected Symmetric NAT. The most appropriate method, if your
router does not natively support SIP or H.323, is to forward the
required ports to your internal machine in order to change your
Symmetric NAT into Cone NAT.If you run this test again after the port
forwarding has been done, it should report Cone NAT. This should allow
Ekiga to be used with STUN support enabled. If it does not report Cone
NAT, then it means that there is a problem in your forwarding rules.

Snark on #ekiga