Re: [Ekiga-list] Unable to reach links from PC-To-Phone account settings

Ferdinand Vesely a écrit :
Have you got Epiphany installed? I used to have the same problem on
Gentoo and found out that as Ekiga uses the GNOME libs it always tried
to open Epiphany which I didn't have installed. I've been trying to
look for a config file where i could change this behaviour for GNOME
in general and I don't remember well but I think the settings for this
are in /usr/share/gnome/applications/defaults.list . I guess I
basically replaced all the lines containing 'epiphany.desktop' at that time. Maybe someone here having a better knowledge of GNOME will know a
more 'elegant' solution than changing things in /usr/share.

Hope this hint will help a bit.

It definitely helps a bit : the gnome settings for the default browser is stored in gconf, in the /desktop/gnome/applications/browser/exec key.

You can see what it's set to with :
gconftool-2 --get /desktop/gnome/applications/browser/exec
(here it says: epiphany-browser)

and set it to what you want with something like (one line):
gconftool-2
  --type=float
  --set /desktop/gnome/applications/browser/exec your_browser

Snark