Re: [Ekiga-list] Newbie ekiga Linux problems

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Mark T.B. Carroll <mark ea ixod org> wrote:
Perhaps I'm missing some documentation - if so, just point me toward
what I'm meant to be looking at that answers these.

I'm using Ekiga 2.0.11 under 64-bit Linux 2.6.24.

When I start ekiga, it tells me I won't be able to receive incoming
calls. However, it just says 'Error while starting the listener ...' and
'check no other program is running on the port used ...' without saying
anything about what the error was or what port it's talking about! Not
that I'm aware of any reason why anything else would be listening on
such ports:

Have you tried:
1. Making sure that Ekiga is trying to use the correct network interface:
Edit -> Preferences -> Protocols -> Network Settings -> Network Interface: ListenOn
2. That your firewall is set up correctly.  The wiki http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_router has a wealth of information on the topic (although the first-time setup GUI should have given you information about it you can run it again by
Edit -> Configuration Druid

3. You can get more information by running ekiga from the command line with the highest debugging level "ekiga -d 4"

Hope some of that helps.  The wiki and the archives of this mailing list are probably the most helpful thing though.

Best wishes,
Oisin