[Ekiga-list] How to read off audio codec used in a session

Can anyone tell me if there is a configuration file built by ekiga once a session starts as to what codec was negotiated? I am interested in writing a piece of code that can read the current codec used by Ekiga during a session. If a configuration file were written once a session begins, I would just need to read off from that file. I did not see any such files in the source code other than some object files like preferences.o.

If not, I would appreciate it if someone can tell me how else I can get information  as to what codec ekiga has currently negotiated with the other end of the session into a separate piece of code.

Thanks,
Vinod