Re: [Ekiga-list] Placing calls

Thanks Kevin,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Kévin REDON <kevredon gmail com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  to test if ekiga is working :
>  - -registration hasto be successful (see in account window) :

 I have an SIP address, so registration worked.

>  (des)activate the STUN if troubles

I will try this later.

>  - -test your sound device : with the Ubuntu Volume Control, unmute mic

I still get very little sound.

>  - -make test calls on 500 ekiga net

This worked ok. It said I was connected and gave stuff at the bottom,

OUT: PCMU/H261
IN: PCMU/H261

But this has no meaning to me.

>  - -check all the audio codecs

How do I do this?

>  - -you can see if you are on-line (registration successed) in the ekiga
>  white pages (log on your ekiga account on http://www.ekiga.net)

This logon worked ok.

>  - -you can also let an ekiga friend (on ask ML/IRC) to call you (then
>  forward UDP ports 5060 and 8000-8005 if you have a NAT routeur; it's
>  better then STUN)

What does "on ask ML/IRC" mean?

I have a Linksys Router. Don't know if this is NAT or STUN.