Re: [Ekiga-list] Usage of Ekiga 3. Was "failure in registration of sip account".

Le dimanche 21 décembre 2008 à 16:59 -0800, peasthope shaw ca a écrit :
> Folk,
>
> Eugen Dedu wrote,
> ed> "You should replace deb-src by deb."
>
> Done; thanks.
>
> Damien Sandras wrote,
> ds> "Rebooted ?"
> Just in  case some /tmp/* files would cause confusion.
>
> ds> "... apt-get update ?"
>
> Oops!  Thanks.  Normally I use dselect.
>
> OK; now Ekiga 3.0.1 is present and working,
> ... and there are many new questions.
>
> (1) Ekiga 2 used two accounts: "ekiga.net
> SIP Service" and "Ekiga PC-To-Phone".
> Now "Ekiga Call Out" is also present and appears
> to duplicate PC-To-Phone.  Can one of these be
> removed without harm?

Yes (the old one).

> (2) The Contacts within Ekiga and the Address Book
> have similar functions.  Is the Address Book being
> phased out?

No, it is seen as a source of Contacts. The "Roster" is just your
contacts list. You can add contacts from the addressbook into the
roster.

> (3) The sip addresses and phone numbers are gone
> from the Address Book.  Only the names remain.
> Can the addresses and numbers be recovered?

If you right click, they should be available.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/